28 December 2020
I have now completed the assessment of [Principal applicant] application for an endorsement certificate as a member of the Atlantic High Skilled Program (AHSP) and have determined that the foreign national does not meet the requirements of the Program.
Applicants in the Atlantic High Skilled Program are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements established in the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Ministerial Instructions. The assessment of these criteria determines whether a foreign national who intends to reside in Prince Edward Island will be able to become economically established. The selection criteria are as follows:
- Minimum education requirements;
- Minimum language proficiency threshold in either English or French;
- Minimum one year of qualifying work experience in NOC O, A or B;
- Full time (non-seasonal) offer of employment for a one-year period in NOC 0, A or B that they are likely to accept and carry out the employment and meet the relevant employment requirements of the occupation as set out in the National Occupation Classification;
- Minimum settlement funds;
- Temporary resident status at the time of application, if the foreign national is in Canada;
- Intent to reside in Prince Edward Island; and
- The employer has demonstrated attempts to find workers through domestic recruitment activities prior to recruiting foreign
I am not satisfied that the applicant meets program criteria. Specifically, a formal job offer was made to the candidate while advertisements and recruitment efforts were ongoing to recruit domestically. As such, the employer was unable to provide appropriate documentation through domestic recruitment activities prior to recruiting a foreign national.
For the reason(s) explained above I am refusing the application. The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on the present application. Application forms and supporting documents will not be returned. If you should submit a new application it would require new documentation and you would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program Province of Prince Edward Island